Thursday 21 May 2009

Whinwhistle Evening matches

This weeks Blog is a 2-in-1 as I've been very busy with work lately. The first match was on Wednesday 13th May and was on Keepers Lake at Whinwhistle. With only 6 anglers fishing and plenty of room I decided to leave the caster out and simply fish paste as I felt sure the carp would feed. Over the 3 hours I had one carp and a couple of small skimmers for 5lb 8oz and third place. Andy Shanks was 2nd with a tench and a few skimmers for 5lb 10oz and the winner had two carp for 11lb odd. All in all a very disapointing match as if I had fished for the silvers I would have walked it but I made my decision and had to stick with it.

With no fishing on the weekend, as I was in Ireland visiting the girlfriends parents, the next match was again an evening affair, this time on the Rail. With 10 anglers fishing there were 5 spare pegs on the lake. I drew peg 3 and fished shallow caster at 15m for one carp of 3lb 6oz and yet again third place. For the second week running I was 2oz off 2nd as another angler had one carp for 3lb 8oz. The winning weight was off the end peg with 9lb odd. 3lb 1oz was fourth and everyone else dry-netted. All in all two very poor matches but particularly frustrating as 3oz extra each week would have won me another £50 odd. I suppose that's the way it goes some times. I apologise for the shortness of these blogs but as you can see I haven't had much to write about!

This weekend see's the 2nd round of the Whinwhistle summer league. I am currently in first place after one round so hoping for a good draw in order to stay near the top. Let's just hope I have a bit more to write about.....

No comments: